We are Home for Asphalt Paving and Repair in Tomball.
Asphalt Paving Tomball
Serving Tomball, Texas and surround cities, Corestone Paving and Construction has experienced Tomball Asphalt Paving crews capable of paving just about anything. From parking lots to drive ways, we can handle any size job. Asphalt driveways are typically the least expensive paved surface of choice for home builders or homeowners. At Corestone, our asphalt driveways can last for thirty or more years with little effort. Our secret lies in providing a good foundation of solid soil, topped with six inches of crushed gravel base beneath the asphalt. Contact our team today for a free asphalt consultation.
Tomball Asphalt Repair
At Corestone, we believe that timely asphalt repairs are critical. Addressing repairs in a timely fashion will help to reduce overall damage to your parking lot or road. Corestone Paving has been repairing pavement surfaces in the Tomball area for over 20 years. In that time, we have mastered various paving, repair, and maintenance techniques including but not limited to asphalt patching, pothole repairs, and crack filling. We make it a point to deliver these services quickly in order to protect your pavement investment. Contact our team today for a free consultation.
Tomball Asphalt Construction
Corestone Paving is a full service contractor serving Tomball and surrounding areas, performing asphalt paving, chip seal, seal coat, base-rock installation and aggregate production. Rather you need new asphalt construction, or to renovate an existing property, Corestone Paving is the right company for the job. Our team is ready to collaborate and construct any project ranging from small to large parking lots, access road construction, widening for retail development, airfield paving, walking and biking trails, golf cart paths, to running tracks.
Tomball Asphalt Paving: Everything You Need to Know
If you're a homeowner, property owner, or business owner in Tomball, Texas, you might be considering paving your driveway, parking lot, or sidewalks. One of the most popular choices for pavement material is asphalt, due to its affordability, durability, and versatility. In this article, we'll cover everything you need to know about Tomball asphalt paving, including its benefits, cost, maintenance, and more.
What is Asphalt Paving?
Asphalt paving is the process of laying down asphalt, a mixture of aggregate (stone, sand, or gravel) and bitumen (a sticky, black, and highly viscous liquid), on a surface to create a smooth and durable pavement. The asphalt mixture is heated and then applied to the surface using a paver or roller. Once cooled, the asphalt hardens and becomes a solid surface.
Benefits of Asphalt Paving
There are several benefits to using asphalt for paving:
- Durability: Asphalt is highly durable and can withstand heavy traffic, extreme weather conditions, and other environmental factors.
- Cost-effective: Asphalt is one of the most affordable paving materials available, making it a popular choice for many homeowners and businesses.
- Easy maintenance: Asphalt requires minimal maintenance and can last for many years with proper care.
- Quick installation: Asphalt can be installed quickly and efficiently, minimizing disruption to your daily routine.
Cost of Asphalt Paving
The cost of asphalt paving can vary depending on several factors, such as the size of the project, the condition of the existing surface, and the quality of the asphalt mixture used. On average, homeowners can expect to pay between $2 to $5 per square foot for asphalt paving. However, it's always best to get a quote from a professional asphalt paving company to get an accurate estimate.
Process of Asphalt Paving
The process of asphalt paving typically involves the following steps:
- Site preparation: The surface is cleaned and prepped for paving, including removing any debris or obstacles.
- Base installation: A layer of aggregate is laid down to provide a stable base for the asphalt.
- Asphalt mixture preparation: The asphalt mixture is heated and mixed with bitumen to create a smooth and consistent blend.
- Paving: The asphalt mixture is applied to the surface using a paver or roller, and then compacted to ensure a smooth and level finish.
- Finishing touches: Any necessary markings or finishing touches are applied to the surface.
Maintenance of Asphalt Pavement
Proper maintenance is essential to prolong the lifespan of your asphalt pavement. Here are a few tips to keep your asphalt in top condition:
- Regular cleaning: Regularly sweeping and power washing your pavement can remove dirt, debris, and other harmful substances that can damage the surface.
- Sealcoating: Applying a sealcoat to your asphalt can help protect it from UV rays, moisture, and other elements that can cause damage over time.
- Repairing cracks: Small cracks can be repaired quickly and easily with asphalt crack filler, preventing them from growing and causing further damage.
- Resurfacing: If your asphalt has significant damage or wear, resurfacing can restore its appearance and functionality.
Choosing an Asphalt Paving Contractor
Choosing the right asphalt paving contractor is crucial to ensuring a successful and long-lasting project. Here are some tips to help you choose the right contractor:
- Check their credentials: Make sure the contractor is licensed, insured, and has a good reputation in the community. You can check their credentials by contacting your local licensing board or checking online reviews and ratings.
- Get multiple quotes: Compare quotes from different contractors to find the best price and value for your project. Be wary of quotes that seem too good to be true, as they may not include all necessary services or materials.
- Check their experience: Look for a contractor with experience in asphalt paving. Ask for references and photos of their previous work to ensure they have the skills and equipment necessary for your project.
- Ask about their process: A professional asphalt paving contractor should have a clear and detailed process for completing your project, including site preparation, grading, and paving. Make sure they explain their process and answer any questions you may have.
- Consider their customer service: Choose a contractor who is responsive and communicative throughout the project. They should be able to provide updates and answer your questions promptly.
- Review their contract: Before hiring a contractor, review their contract carefully. Make sure it includes all necessary details, such as project timelines, materials, and costs. Ask for clarification on any unclear terms or conditions.
Benefits of Hiring a Professional Asphalt Paving Company
While asphalt paving may seem like a straightforward task, it's best to hire a professional asphalt paving company to ensure a high-quality and long-lasting pavement. Here are some of the benefits of hiring a professional asphalt paving company:
- Quality workmanship: Professional asphalt paving companies have the experience, skills, and equipment necessary to create a smooth and durable pavement that will last for many years.
- Safety: Asphalt paving can be dangerous if not done correctly, but professional paving contractors know how to ensure the safety of their workers and anyone else on the site.
- Timely completion: Professional paving companies can complete your project quickly and efficiently, minimizing disruptions to your daily routine.
- Guaranteed work: Professional asphalt paving companies typically offer warranties and guarantees for their work, giving you peace of mind and protecting your investment.
Common Issues with Asphalt Pavement
While asphalt pavement is highly durable, it's not immune to damage and wear over time. Here are some common issues with asphalt pavement:
- Cracks: Cracks can form in asphalt pavement due to weather conditions, heavy traffic, or other factors. If left untreated, they can grow and cause more significant damage.
- Potholes: Potholes can form in asphalt pavement due to water infiltration, freeze-thaw cycles, and other factors. They can be hazardous to vehicles and pedestrians if not repaired promptly.
- Rutting: Rutting refers to the formation of depressions or grooves in the asphalt pavement due to heavy traffic or improper installation. It can cause water to pool, leading to further damage.
Asphalt paving is a popular and practical choice for homeowners, property owners, and business owners in Tomball, Texas. With its affordability, durability, and ease of maintenance, it's no wonder why asphalt is a go-to choice for many paving projects. However, it's crucial to choose the right asphalt paving company to ensure a successful and long-lasting project. By following these tips and guidelines, you can create a beautiful and functional asphalt pavement that will serve you for many years to come.
How long does asphalt pavement last?
With proper maintenance, asphalt pavement can last up to 20 years or more.
Can asphalt pavement be recycled?
Yes, asphalt pavement can be recycled and reused in new paving projects, making it an eco-friendly choice.
Is asphalt paving suitable for all weather conditions?
Yes, asphalt pavement is designed to withstand a wide range of weather conditions, including extreme heat and cold.
How often should I sealcoat my asphalt pavement?
It's recommended to sealcoat your asphalt pavement every 2-3 years to protect it from damage.
How long does it take to complete an asphalt paving project?
The duration of an asphalt paving project can vary depending on the size and complexity of the project, but most projects can be completed within a few days to a few weeks.